Overview For UK Study Visa
Nowadays, we see a number of students who are provided with the student visa and get a special chance to study in the top universities of United Kingdom. Applying for a particular visa to study within the UK isn’t as complicated as you may think. You basically need a visa for the intention to study within the UK in case you aren’t from the Iceland, European Union, Switzerland or Norway. You can apply for student visa once you get admission in one of UK top colleges and receive an offer letter from your college or university.
Most students need a Tier 4 visa. Beware that you must pay a small fee when you actually apply for your visa. You will be told how and when you might need to submit this at the moment you’re going to submit your application. You can also make your Tier 4 visa application online or even by post. This entirely depends on the country you apply from.
How long UK Student Visa Might Take:
If you own all the required documentation, you can then apply for your visa just up to 3 months before the start of your course. After you have applied, it might take a couple of weeks for your visa to be issued especially at really busy times during the year. Hence you are supposed to allow lot of time for the sake of getting your visa just prior to the start of term.
If you intend to apply for the UK visa, you might be charged £322 and all the dependents will be charged individually. You might also need to pay some money as health care surcharge together with your application. You must have a careful look at the actual amount of this surcharge just prior to you pay.
You will eligible for UK visa if
- You are offered an academic course there
- You have sufficient sum of money with you for meeting your educational expenses and this limit of money may vary as per the circumstances.
- You have provided all the documents
- Knowledge of English:
While applying for UK student visa, you are actually supposed to prove the level of English Language and it is to be done by passing SELT (Secure English Language Test). However, there tend to be some exceptions to this particular rule that are:
- If you have passed any qualification normally equivalent to UK degree then this test is not actually for you. This qualification should be from
- Antigua and Barbuda
- the Bahamas
- New Zealand
- St Vincent
- Trinidad and Tobago
- St Kitts
- St Lucia
- If you own Canada nationality or even of any of the above listed companies.
- If you had also been a student under Tier 4 in UK.
- If you already applied for such visa prior to 31-03-2009 but you were less than 18 years old.
- Documents you need to provide for study visa:
It is necessary to make sure that there is all the relevant documentation together with your visa application. For this visa, you might need to provide:
- Confirmation of Acceptance for studies (CAS). The university will actually send this to you via email after you have fulfilled all the financial together with academic conditions related to your offer.
- A valid passport
- Bank statement for making sure about your living standard. Also, you can never show a company account; your bank account needs to be in your own name or even in your parents’ name and the statement mustn’t be more than one month old. Your account money should be transparently reflected there for twenty-eight regular days.
- Original copies of all of your qualifications. A qualification you have to include would be listed on CAS. You are bound to provide the original certificates.
- Your qualifications regarding English Language. If you have to include an English language qualification, this will also be listed on your CAS.
- Tuberculosis screening certificate. Nationals/citizens of some countries might be tested tuberculosis before applying for UK visa.
- A complete application form.
You might also be asked to attend an interview as a critical part of your visa application however this is nothing to get worried about. You might be asked couple of simple questions regarding why you actually want to study within the UK and why did you specifically choose that course. So be prepared for this and think about those things that you literally need to say in advance.
If you have any concerns or any queries during the visa process, please contact your university and they will try to help as best as they can but do not give up.