Almost each year, Canada welcomes about 13000 students from foreign countries to study in Canada. All you that you need to get your very own Canadian Student Visa is the issuance of a study permit. Anyone who desires to study in Canada must have a valid student visa, where as some may find the need to get a temporary resident visa in order to enter Canada.
Requirements For Canada Student Visa
To be eligible to study in the education institutes of Canada:
- A student must have already been accepted in a college, university, school or any other educational institute residing in Canada.
- He or she must also give proof that they have enough money or funds to pay their institution fees, living expenses and return transportation charges from Canada.
- He or she must be good and a law abiding citizen with no past criminal record, for which they will have to provide a police certificate.
- He or she must be in good shape and health and willing to take on the medical examination test to provide proof of that.
- One should meet all the requirements and satisfy the immigration offer that he or she will leave the residence of Canada at the end of their authorized stay.
Procedure Of Applying For The Canadian Student Visa
There a number of steps that you need to follow in order to get your student visa for Canada.
- Things you will need:
Passport, two recent passport-sized pictures, your National ID card, proof of financial support, letter of acceptance from the institute and your alien registration card.
- Choosing an Educational Institute.
Decide which school, college or university you want to study in, in Canada and apply online. After getting accepted there, make a copy of your letter of acceptance.
- Applying for Study Visa.
Send the original copy of the letter of acceptance from the educational institute you plan to attend in along with your visa application. Provide proof of your medical clearance, financial support and clear criminal record to the Immigration and Citizenship of Canada. Finally, log onto the Immigration and Citizenship Canada’s official website and download the permit application form from there.
- Submission Of The Form
As soon as you fill out your application form (may be in French or English) submit it online and then wait for your response by an email.
Required Documents Applying For Canadian Student Visa
Documents that you will have submit along with the study permit application for the Canada student visa are:
- Study Permit Application form.
- Your bio.
- Original Letter of acceptance from the Canadian education institute.
- Certificate of acceptance from the province.
- Visa fees.
- Proof of payment.
- Income tax papers f the sponsor.
How much does it cost to get Canadian Student Visa?
Studying in Canada is a great rewarding investment for your future. All the money paid for the student visa of Canada is worth the knowledge a student will get from living in Canada and doing its courses. Here’s a price list of the things you will need to get a Canadian Student Visa:
- A study permit at a cost of $125.
- Application fees for students range from $150 to $350, depending on the type of institution they will choose.
- Prepayment of the tuition fees for the first term (ca. $5000)
- Living expenses that amounts for about $11,000.